Wednesday, November 23, 2011

News From the Police State: Re: Sudafed

The last time I had a cold, I went to the pharmacy to buy some Sudafed.  I have found that nothing else works like Sudafed to clear up sinus congestion.  I had heard about the stupid law requiring a person to register as a known Sudafed user to get the drug, but I saw Sudafed PE on the shelf next to the other cold medicines.  I bought the package and took it home.  I took a pill.  Nothing, and I mean NOTHING happened.  I looked at the label.  It had on it in small print "New Formula Does not contain Pseudoephedrine".  Let me explain something here.  Sudafed is a marketing term that sounds like PSEUDoEPHEDrine.  Get it? This is like taking a product that is a butter spread containing butter and removing the butter but not changing the name of the product.  It is false and misleading to say the least.

I do not understand why I should have to go through all this hassle of registering as a Sudafed user just because the drug could be abused by someone.  Everything has the potential of abuse.  You don't see the Congressmen registering as money abusers. 

No comments: