Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Camera


I purchased a digital SLR after much consideration and delay. I had used film for all my life and a few years ago I bought a digital point&shoot. I liked the freedom from film quite frankly. So moving up to a full camera with digital capability has been fun. I still have to get over my idea of "wasting" film. Over the years, I have spent a lot of money on film, processing and printing. Often that would be all the pictures on the roll good and bad. The pleasure of digital is being able to pick and choose what gets printed and correcting a poor picture by cropping, recoloring or changing the shading. The picture I have here is exactly as I took it. No digital retouching was done. I am amazed at the color resolution of the photo and it reminds me of Kodachrome. Of course, I took the photo during twilight so I have that magical light. The picture is of the fountain in Little Italy in San Diego that honors those of Italian descent that died for the US in World War II including John Basilone.

No comments: